Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best camping tent

Very informative thread.

LOL. Well, Banshee 300 is quite a nice light tent, or the French army tent good too - single skin for summer, heavier canvas with flysheet for winter. There, should get the ball rolling.
    youtube- SgtFruitcake's review on the bansheeS are informative and comedically entertaining, and FunkyPrepper's review on the lighter French tent is usefully detailed.

Comment

The banshee 300 weights 2.5Kg which is pretty light. I have a Tempest 300 myself which comes in at 3.5Kg.
      I went for the Tempest over any other because it has a seperated front entrance for storing packs, shoes, etc away from the sleeping area - nothing worse than getting the sleeping area wet or muddy. Also, the tempest has a little more room to it.

It all depends on what you are looking for in a tent - size, weight, strength, cost.

A lot of people sware on the suspended Tarp instead of a tent in terms of cost, weight and put-up/take down abaility. I am a creature of comfort, and in a tent I can keep flying night bugs away.

Comment

Working...
      X