Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Radio operators in Region 6 and those interested in becoming licenced for a future project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Radio operators in Region 6 and those interested in becoming licenced for a future project

We don't yet have an SN1-Regional Representative for the region, so I will make a start on the list - I'm am M6IMA.

Hi Ian

Im not far from you & have called you on 2m a few times as I pass your home QTH on my way to work, but without success, Ive just joined this site & so still finding my way around, Im interested in any radio project you may be getting going, I particularly like operating portable especially SOTA.

Cheers
    Wf

Comment

• ianmaley
      ianmaley commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi WF, I am trying to get back into Ham. After passing I did a bit then other things took over and I stopped, but we are having a big push to get everyone into Comms as much as possible, for now at least myself and Keith Nicklin in the SN1 Admin team will be conducting a weekly UKSN comms practise on a Wednesday around 7pm for 1/2 hour. if you are SN1 you are welcome to join on those channels. Failing that I am having a new car on Saturday and intend to get my Mobile station installed in that with a Mobile antenna so will probably have it on most days from 6:15am up until 6:30pm when I'm out and about in the midlands so please try to get me - what is your call sign (you can email me on ian.maley@uksn.org.uk if you don't want it publicly known

Hi Wingfoot (great name) where are you in R6? -
    If we can get some people together we could do a day near where I live (Newport Shropshire) on radios or and a meet up to make plans for R6.

Comment

Originally posted by The Warlock View Post
      Hi Wingfoot (great name) where are you in R6? -
      If we can get some people together we could do a day near where I live (Newport Shropshire) on radios or and a meet up to make plans for R6.
      Hi Warlock, I would certainly be interested, I'm not far from Weston Park & pass Newport on my way to work, so I'm very local & easily within radio range, I sent a PM message to Ian the thread starter a couple of weeks ago giving him my callsign & some other background info but as yet not heard him on air.

Please keep me in the loop if anything gets organised.

Cheers
      Wf
      Last edited by Wingfoot; 20-11-2017, 00:26.

Comment

I will get my rig re-setup asap (y)

Comment

Working...
        X